Treatments In Portland, Oregon
Cosmetiq Med Spa is a Diamond-Level Allergan Provider recognizing their status among the top injection sites in the Portland area and the country. You can trust us to get natural looking results!
Kybella Chin Fat Dissolving Injections
At Cosmetiq Medicine we offer Kybella ®, the newest, non-surgical injectable used to treat the double chin. Dr. Arwa Salti is one of the few physicians in Portland that are trained in the procedure.
A nonsurgical intervention to dissolve fat under the chin, commonly called “double chin”. Kybella is composed of deoxycholic acid, a synthetic form of a fat absorbing substance found in our bile to help in permanently destructing and digesting fat cells.
Another way to describe kybella is liposuction in a syringe injected in the submental area to break the fat cell membrane causing them to spill the fat, which will be gradually cleaned/expelled by the immune system. The result is a reduced double chin and contoured jawline. Studies shows that 70% of the subjects reported physical and emotional improvement.
What to know about Kybella Chin Filler?
Kybella is a fat dissolving filler that is a synthetically created version of an acid already found in the body, deoxycholic acid. It works by dissolving the cell walls and disintegrating the stored adipose within. This causes a pleasing contour of the chin and jawline and creates visible reductions in the double chin and can, in younger patients, tighten up the skin as well. Kybella treatments typically involve more than one session of injections, spaced between four and six weeks apart. Kybella permanently erases fat cells in the body without the need for surgery, incisions, or other invasive procedures.
- Non-surgical fat reduction for moderate to severe fat below the chin, it also helps in contouring the jaw line.
- Treatment takes 15-20 minutes. Small multiple injection, usually icing before and after takes the edge of the uncomfortable burning sensation. It is usually tolerable and most patients don’t need pain medication
- Common side effects swelling, bruising, tenderness, and itching
- Swelling peaks about 20 to 28 hours after your procedure, and will likely fade after 3 days
- Sleep on your back and with head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment to help reduce swelling
- Multiple treatments are required, typically 2-6 treatments, 4 weeks apart
- Results are noticeable at 4-6 weeks
- Causes skin contraction that may produce some skin tightening, unlike liposuction that leaves loose skin
- Permanent results
- Refer to before and after care instructions
Ready To Get Started?
We are committed to delivering the highest standard of care, utilizing the latest advancements in aesthetic medicine while maintaining a warm, welcoming, and personalized experience for every individual who entrusts us with their well-being. Our mission is to help our clients not only look their best but also feel their best, guiding them on a journey to radiant health and beauty.