Kybella, Deoxycholic Acid Double Chin Fat Dissolving Injections
At Cosmetiq Medicine we offer Kybella ®, the newest, non-surgical injectable used to treat the double chin. Dr. Arwa Salti is one of the few physicians in Portland that are trained in the procedure.
A nonsurgical intervention to dissolve fat under the chin, commonly called “double chin”. Kybella is composed of deoxycholic acid, a synthetic form of a fat absorbing substance found in our bile to help in permanently destructing and digesting fat cells.
Another way to describe kybella is liposuction in a syringe injected in the submental area to break the fat cell membrane causing them to spill the fat, which will be gradually cleaned/expelled by the immune system. The result is a reduced double chin and contoured jawline. Studies shows that 70% of the subjects reported physical and emotional improvement.
What do you need to know about kybella
- Non-surgical fat reduction for moderate to severe fat below the chin, it also helps in contouring the jaw line.
- Treatment takes 15-20 minutes. Small multiple injection, usually icing before and after takes the edge of the uncomfortable burning sensation. It is usually tolerable and most patients don’t need pain medication
- Common side effects swelling, bruising, tenderness, and itching
- Swelling peaks about 20 to 28 hours after your procedure, and will likely fade after 3 days
- Sleep on your back and with head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment to help reduce swelling
- Multiple treatments are required, typically 2-6 treatments, 4 weeks apart
- Results are noticeable at 4-6 weeks
- Causes skin contraction that may produce some skin tightening, unlike liposuction that leaves loose skin
- Permanent results
- Refer to before and after care instructions
Kybella® Before & After Photos
Below are before and after images of patients who have had amazing success with Kybella®.